Thursday 15 August 2013

A New Day Dawns

Well, a new Day dawns - and I'm feeling a little more optimistic again today. I did a little more painting last night, and progressed on (slightly) with two Otherworld Adventurers.

A Magic User and a Converted (with Scimitar) Fighter.

In the painting que at the moment are some more Player Characters (all Otherworld) -  a Human Lady Magic User (I don't think she's out yet), another (converted) Human Fighter, a Hafling Thief, a Half Orc Assassin, and a Ranger, and I want to get an Otherworld Cleric at some point.

Then (all being well) some Hobgoblins - Otherworld sculpts of these Classic Monsters and maybe then a Minotaur.

The Otherworld Stirges keep calling to me as well LoL.

I'm also TRYING to plan a 3D Dungeon Layout at the moment - four 1' x 1' squares with the entrances/exits at the same point on 2-3 of the sides, allowing me to re-position/change the layout between sessions/games - which will leave Doors that lead no-where sometimes, my logic being that the other side can be a secret door if desired/required


I recently got asked what my "process" was when Painting Miniatures - what I tend to do is focus on one specific element on a model - in the case of the Magic-User the Robe, in the case of the Fighter the brassy/bronze Armour I wanted on him. As that first element takes "shape" on the miniature, I start seeing the big picture of how the character or monster is going to look in my head - and find it much easier (OK, with my crappy hands its never that easy) to paint something.


LOADS of "real world" stuff to do today, can't wait to carry on tonight . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment