Saturday 6 July 2013

The 30 Day Challenge

"The 30 Day Challenge", not not a weight loss thing - but a challenge to talk about D&D for 30 days, full of memories and (hopefully) a little fun.

Day 1 - "How did I Start".

It was the day before my Birthday in 1976, my Nan (Maud, my Fathers Mum) had not long returned from visiting relatives in the US and gave me a small White Box with some booklets inside. "You like rubbish like this" she muttered (Maud was a grumpy old cus at best).

I read it, and did some "one on one" games with my Friend Philip Berryman (sadly now, no longer with us) but no other friends were interested. So it got put away (as these things do).

Skip ahead a couple of years, 1979 - I was reading Starburst Magazine (a UK Sci Fi Mag) and there was an Advertisement for Dungeons and Dragons - I almost jumped out of my seat, I was in a Band by then and they guys seemed really interested, and so we started gaming together - and the rest, as they say, is History.


No comments:

Post a Comment